Re: image 250 and TRAINCON level going forward

On 21/03/14 15:14, Alexander Sack wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> as more data become available, we re-revisited the current management
> override of QA's earlier decision to not block our promotion for the
> issue at hand and how we could resume landings.
>
> For those that haven't followed this case, the blocker bug this is:
>  - upstream: https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-37677
>  - distro: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qtdeclarative-opensource-src/+bug/1292306
>
> .... and the original announce mail of TRAINCON-0 can be found here:
>  - https://lists.launchpad.net/ubuntu-phone/msg07093.html
>

> Option ONE discussed was to block promotion, and go back to restricted
> landing approach (TRAINCON-1). Option TWO was to whitelist the
> regression for one promotion to ensure we can go to TRAINCON-2, our
> most liberal alert state (ogra's variant).
>
> For ONE it was argued that we shouldn't set precedence on allowing
> regressions go out to users; for TWO it was argued that not promoting
> imposes unnecessary slow and risk of further promotion delay for
> engineering if we continue landing without it.
>
> After revisiting the data available, and discussing with all the
> stakeholders, the consensus is that the QT bug is now well enough on
> track that we should remove the management override we had put on the
> previous QA sign off that categorized this issue as non-blocker,
> especially in light of the impact that delaying promotion for an
> unknown period of time will have on other development. With that,
> given that image #250 meets all our other promotion criteria, we have
> given the Landing and QA team the directive to continue business as
> usual which most likely will lead to promotion of #250 and minimal
> alert level (TRAINCON-2) allowing more or less free landings.
>
> The consensus seems also to be that the issue will not be
> deprioritized and should stay a blocker for future promotions. So, we
> will work under that assumption until we have more details about the
> bug, and that we will provide testing to ensure that such issues are
> caught earlier in the future.
>
> Thanks for all that spoke to us and worked long hours to get this bug
> in a shape that we feel confident to do that. Now, let's promote and
> celebrate over the weekend the probably best image we ever had!
>
> With that, happy freeze hacking to you all!
>
> - Alexander

For the interest of all.

I'm starting a full image test, the full results will be back at some
point this afternoon. If you want to follow along, the results will be
hosted
https://docs.google.com/a/canonical.com/document/d/1VkoSTUStDDPN84rwLztHIgSEK2HlbvXghZDBkBYVxTU/edit

--
You make it, I'll break it!