Re: Landing team 21.03.2014

On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 02:59:19PM +0000, Sam Bull wrote:
> On dim, 2014-03-23 at 10:04 -0300, Sergio Schvezov wrote:
> > The installed version can be checked by running
> > click list | grep music
>
> So, this appears to fail due to a webapp I uninstalled months ago.
> http://pastebin.com/bg5PXa30

Could you file a bug on the click package in Ubuntu about that, please?
It shouldn't crash on this.

> > Also add
> > find /var/lib/apparmor -ls
>
> Rather a lot of stuff in here, most of them are for apps that are not
> installed.
> http://pastebin.com/2G4H2De4

Yes, this looks like the same thing that Sergio reported to me the other
day.  I think I'm beginning to get a handle on it and am working through
it now.

> > You should be able to edit as root for non preinstalled apps without
> > escaping from read only
>
> OK, so I was trying to edit the files
> in /opt/click.ubuntu.com/org.sambull.bitcoin-app/current/
> I'm guessing this is no longer the right location, as that is also where
> the old versions of music are stored.

No, that's the correct place for user-installed apps (well, ish - the
current/ symlink predates per-user registrations and is not really used
for much any more, so I'd like to figure out how to get rid of it at
some point as it causes some code cruft, but it should point to the same
place at least).  https://click.readthedocs.org/en/latest/databases.html
has a brain-dump of the layout.

> Checking the .desktop file, it
> appears the files it's using are in /opt/.click/, but I still have the
> same problem. When I try to save in nano, it confirms the location to
> save, but hitting enter just makes an error sound and it refuses to
> save.

Are you using "sudo nano" rather than just "nano"?  The files will all
be owned by the clickpkg user, not by phablet.

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx]