Sync SMS between devices?

Hi everyone,

I've been thinking about the possibility of syncing SMS between devices
- and also being able to send SMS from desktop and tablet via a phone.

Wouldn't it be possible to use U1DB for the messaging app and therefore
let them sync all over your Ubuntu One account?

Has this been thought of already and what are you thoughts?
I can imagine some people not wanting to sync their messages into the
cloud, but there could be a setting to allow it and not force that on
people.

Scenario: Incoming SMS, lands in messaging app, messaging app has U1DB
as back-end. Done. Messages lands on all other devices connected to that
account. Write answer on tablet and the phone sends it over SMS.
--
Vänlig hälsning / Yours sincerely,
  Daniel Holm

Follow ups