Re: Triggering on-screen keyboard with HTML5 SDK

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 1:13 PM, Alexandre Abreu <alexandre.abreu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
While a programmatic solution might be handy in the meantime, can you have a text field that can be the receiver for the user's input & with which the user could trigger the keyboard to popup? you could track down the onchange events & pick up the currently entered "word"?

That might work, but it'd be mildly annoying both to program and to use. I also don't know how to detect whether the user has a physical keyboard, so we'd be stuck with this for all devices. If I'm going to go through the work of building a work around, I wonder if it's better to write my own QML wrapper, instead of relying on ubuntu-html5-app-launcher, and create my own javascript hooks to show and hide the keyboard.

BTW, there is a bug about this now: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-html5-theme/+bug/1296462

Robert