Re: [Design] New back button placement, are we serious ?!?

There's some info about the rationale of this change here:
http://design.canonical.com/2014/03/new-apps-header/

"There's only one place where you can place the back, and that's the top
left slot. According to our interface values, that's a place where user has
to intentionally stretch the finger and make an effort to trigger."

So it's not untested or unintended behavior, you are just experimenting
what the designers wanted. I think that the intention of the new header
design is to place all the important items on the right, so you won't have
to go to that left corner often, but not all the apps have been updated to
follow the new principles. I'm not sure about this, it would be nice to get
a reply from the design team.

Maybe this is one of those changes that annoy some old users, but benefit
the majority of the new-comers? I don't know. Visually and in the paper, I
like this change and it makes sense to me. But I will have to change the
way I use my phone, that's annoying, I agree with you. I'll give it a try
this week to see if I get used to it, or just end up losing my cuddliness
too :)

pura vida.