Re: [Design] New back button placement, are we serious ?!?

hi,
Am Mittwoch, den 26.03.2014, 08:04 +0200 schrieb Zsombor Egri:

> It is well known that any device having display bigger than 4"
> requires two hands to operate, to reach the top-edges properly. If the
> back button is in the bottom somewhere, in a place easily reachable
> with one hand, there will always be something on the top you can reach
> only by using two hands. Of course it all depends what is that action
> you need to reach and how more often you need to do that than the back
> action.

right ... I personally need to use i.e. the indicators far less often
than the back button, in that light having them at the top is a fine
decision.
Having the back button where it is now means we either make sure app
developers write apps where going back is a rare occurrence which I
simply doubt we can ... I agree that placement of the back button
depends on its frequency of use, I can only judge by what we have today
and there s is one of the most used elements IMHO. Other OSes have
solved that by either restricting to a certain device size or by simply
placing it more conveniently ...

ciao
	oli