Re: [Design] New back button placement, are we serious ?!?

On Mar 26, 2014 7:21 PM, "Jouni Helminen" <jouni.helminen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> sorry, the Android "up" button in the action bar. Which is what our back
button effectively is, since we have no chronological back

> http://developer.android.com/images/ui/actionbar-item-withtext.png

Doh, after three year I use Android I found new button: thanks!

Seriously, I have a S4 (and previously a S2) and I never, never used it. I
use my phone with only one hand (I'm writing right now on phone) and I use
hardware back button, on bottom right. It's easier to fold the thumb than
stretch it. Well, it's impossible on S4 to use top left button with only
one hand.

Same things for options: it's easier to use hardware button on bottom left
than software button on top right.

On Android there are two buttons that do same thing: one hardware and one
software, and this is bad, and for me it's beautiful don't have hardware
button on Ubuntu. But software button has to be accessible, and on top left
isn't accessible on a screen > 5 inches; and I have long fingers.

My 2 cents,
Riccardo