Re: [Design] New back button placement, are we serious ?!?

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 6:47 AM, Sam Bull <sam.hacking@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I also don't like that the toolbar pops open every time I go to a
> screen. For example, every time I open contacts, the toolbar is covering
> a noticeable portion of the screen, just to remind me that I can add a
> new contact? I've seen this dozens of times already, just give me the
> full view when I open it.

This is a hack that was intended to aid with discoverability, and
particularly for the case of running QML apps on the desktop, where
mouse users are to this day forced to swipe-up the toolbar and need to
be constantly reminded of it's existence.

One day we'll get toolbars that don't autohide on the desktop... one day...