Re: Heads up: surfaceflinger support going away

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 9:08 PM, Michał Sawicz
<michal.sawicz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Wanted to give a short heads up of the inevitable: with the next release
> of unity8 tonight (containing the new right edge implementation),
> SurfaceFlinger support for app management is going away¹ due to
> incompatibility with new APIs. Hope everyone's been expecting that
> already, it's been coming for a while now.
> ¹
> https://code.launchpad.net/~mzanetti/qtubuntu/drop-appmanager/+merge/212697

Oliver, guess we can clean up the .display-mir related logic once this
lands then. Hope this is also fine for Florian, as he was the one
doing the benchmark comparison between SF and Mir.

Ricardo Salveti de Araujo