Re: Landing team 28.03.14

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 2:38 PM, Didier Roche <didrocks@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey,

snip

> On a finale note on the CI status:
> Some people would have noticed that the CI Train jenkins got killed multiple
> times by the OOM. The machine went high on memory as jobs were piling up
> (the archive had a lot of builds and powerpc was taking time to catch up, as
> more jobs running there) and 1 GB wasn't enough. As we can't add more RAM
> dynamically on this machine, after the 4th outage within 2 hours, we decided
> to add as a band-aid some swap file to it. It was a coincidence that the
> discussion on finishing the move to prodstack (with more memory) happened
> some hours before the outage... (and the move should hopefully happen next
> week).

Not sure if there is really a technical limitation, but can't you just
spin up more than one jenkins instance and link back to the
spreadsheet accordingly?

Even if you move to another stack; this would also help with those
jenkins outages as we'd only lose some capacity instead of all of it.

Anyways, that's my Friday suggestion with not too much thought into or
details for a more informed one.

Cheers
Sergio