Re: [Design] New back button placement, are we serious ?!?

My suggestion for back gesture (I "tried" it on my phone and it feels fine)
is to have a back button instead of dash button at the bottom of the toolbar
(and move the dash button to the top just to have Ubuntu be the same).
You can back out by pulling the launcher and pressing the button, or (which
most users will probably do after a while) drag from the left edge at the
bottom
(ie. mimicking dragging out the launcher and back button at the same time).
For this to work an animation has to be created so that after the launcher
have extended and you continue to drag the back button "follows".

Also, keep the back in the header for easy discoverbility.