Re: Landing team 31.03.14

On 31/03/14 17:23, Didier Roche wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Three images this week-end, and an additional one today to get a fix for
> a "no crash reported" regression. Still some blockers are preventing us
> to promote an image though, but work and landings are going on.
>
> #267:
> - a new telephony service for ensuring it's launched at startup,
> activation through voicemail, the crasher fix…
> - UI fixes for the oneline accounts interface
> - powerd bug fixes (mostly for the emulator)
> - new apparmor bug fixes released, relevant to latest lxc
> - multiple platform fixes, share with desktop (unity7…)
>
> #268:
> - performance fixes in the indicators (less wakeup)
>
> #269:
> - misc platform enhancements (openssh, gcc…)
>
> -> AP tests results for the latest 2 images shows 100% of AP tests
> passing (we may have flaky tests on image #267, however, as we can't
> know if those are related to crashers as you'll see, it's impossible to
> decipher them) and no crash. However, we double checked on the no crash
> front as it seems we went to quite some crashers to none (on any
> device!) without any change that can explain all those fixes.
> And added, a on in image #267 happened (first limiting testing showed it
> was due to the lxc/apparmor combo). We asked upstream to include some
> tests to ensure that crashers are still generated once created.
>
> Martin uploaded the fix in apport in image #270
> (https://launchpad.net/bugs/1296026) and a new image was kicked once
> published.
>
> #270:
> - the apport fix to get crash results
> - new gallery-app to fix the galery app showing blank date (without
> removing videos on the device, this time!)
> - new thumbnailer to be able to drop unity-core based scopes
>
> The tests are currently running to get real number of crashers from the
> image.
>

> * On the blocker list:
> ** Music/Calendar bug (Qt event look stopping when the device is
> suspend) (Saviq)
> Discussion is happening and work is ongoing while discussing with
> upstream. Was set as a blocker while whitelisted on the previous
> promotion blocker.

Update: There is a big discussion on the mailing list for this bug it
looks like work is progressing slowly.

> ** Multiple crashes on images since the scope transition (Saviq/Thomas)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1297240 (Saviq)
> -> Upstream is able to reproduce some now and some fix is under way.
> It seems as well that any application crashing can make Unity8 and other
> services crashing. For this chain of issues, Dave opened:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mediascanner2/+bug/1298931
> (Thomas)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mediascanner/+bug/1298950
> (Thomas)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1298952 (Saviq)
> -> seems as well the mediaplayer crash is back… but Dave will expand.
> -> no crashers results on recent images didn't enable to get any
> confirmation of progress here.

Unity8 is more stable in 269 I've only had one crash so far today.
However the device (mako) still doesn't feel as stable as it has in R250
for example.

> New blocker (due to new scopes):
> Click Scope is showing "?" instead of characters (Thomas)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1300236 which was
> a dup for
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity-scope-click/+bug/1298327
> -> regression from click scope itself

I have confirmed that this is just on click itself by doing a a search
for "de" on the music scope the first returned item displays unicode.

--
You make it, I'll break it!

I love my job :)
http://www.ubuntu.com