Re: Landing team 02.04.13

On 02/04/14 20:36, Jamie Strandboge wrote:
> On 04/02/2014 11:16 AM, Didier Roche wrote:
>
>> On the blocker list:
>> ** Music/Calendar bug (Qt event look stopping when the device is suspend) (Saviq)
>> Discussion is happening and work is ongoing while discussing with upstream. Was
>> set as a blocker while whitelisted on the previous promotion blocker.
>>

> It's not clear from this email if this issue would block promotion. I think the
> agreement before was to let it in once so 5.2 would be unblocked, and then make
> it a blocker. This made sense to me at the time I expressed my opinions on this
> bug, but I think things have changed sufficiently since then. This bug is making
> us ask some deep questions about how we do things. From my perspective, the
> point of the promotion blocker for a known regression we let in is to make sure
> the regression gets fixed and is not forgotten. At least from the email threads,
> it seems clear that many people are involved in fixing this bug and it won't be
> forgotten. Therefore, imho this should no longer be a promotion blocker.
>
> My two cents and if I misunderstood something, I apologize.

Jamie this was white listed till the next promotion candidate.  We would
have to do another QA day review to decide to promote another image with
this issue still in place.  It was only a temporary whitelist to help
the devs land stuff and so we could start clearing down the decks as it
was going to be a non-trivial fix.  This really needs to be fixed before
we consider releasing a new image along with the other promotion blockers.

--
You make it, I'll break it!

I love my job :)
http://www.ubuntu.com