Re: Landing team 02.04.13

On 02/04/14 17:16, Didier Roche wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2 images again today, with new features like oxide-based webapps, right
> edge new flipping support and more! Still some blockers for promotion on
> the list though.
>
> #273:
> * New oxide-based webapps are available. Meaning that webapps targeting
> the 14.04 sdk will use the oxide containers. Other will use the previous
> qtwebkit container.
> Webapps supporting oxide as of now are:
> amazon, ebay, facebook, gmail, twitter. I heard that g+ is coming back
> to the store!
> * new version of ubuntu ui toolkit with state saver fixes, tab selection
> timing and some performance tweaking
> * new sudoku and weather applications
> * URL dispatcher supports dynamic URL registration
> * some bug fixes in the scopes scope.
> * new platform changes like dbus, lttng, glib, packagekit…
>
> -> test results, apart from one flaky test in a click application, the
> rest (and number of crashers) seems on par with previous results.
>
> #274:
> * Right-edge support in unity8 has landed. As well, this mean the end of
> the surfaceflinger support.
> * Carousel startup time is faster
> * Some crash fixes when browsing the scopes
> * transitioning to new thumbnailer service
> * less looping and some qml test failure fixes.
> * Fix Flickr account authentication with Online Accounts
>
> -> tests are still running. However, some infrastructure issues will
> delay getting full test results.
> Current dogfooding (not yet fully done) didn't report any new issue on
> existing features. We will cross fingers to have fewer crashers as well!
>

> On the blocker list:
> ** Music/Calendar bug (Qt event look stopping when the device is
> suspend) (Saviq)
> Discussion is happening and work is ongoing while discussing with
> upstream. Was set as a blocker while whitelisted on the previous
> promotion blocker.
>
> ** Multiple crashes on images since the scope transition (Saviq/Thomas)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1297240 (Saviq)
> -> this one is Fixed
> It seems as well that any application crashing can make Unity8 and other
> services crashing. For this chain of issues, Dave opened:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mediascanner2/+bug/1298931
> (Thomas)  -> has been set incomplete
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mediascanner/+bug/1298950
> (Thomas)

The mediascanner issue I can nolonger reproduce so these have now been
marked invalid.  I will refile if it happens again.

> One of them is known
> (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1256360) and is
> under work.

I've now not had a unity8 crash since 273 So I am going to assume that
this has been magically fix by the developer elves in the night :)

> ** Click Scope is showing "?" instead of characters (Thomas)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1300236 which was
> a dup for
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity-scope-click/+bug/1298327
> -> regression from click scope itself. In progress.

This is still reproducible  just click on the app with the oriental
characters on the red background.  The whole description is just ?
highlighting the issue for our unicoded users in the orient.  Bug is
already assigned and marked Critical.

--
You make it, I'll break it!

I love my job :)