Re: Landing team 02.04.13

On 03.04.2014 16:44, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Apr 03, 2014, at 04:33 PM, Didier Roche wrote:
>
>> I think it's still the same than the one we have for weeks in the
>> dashboard. Lukasz should have poke you multiple times about it. (this is the
>> /var/log/syslog permission issue):
>> https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/job/trusty-touch-mako-smoke-daily/212/artifac
>> t/clientlogs/ubuntu_system_settings/_usr_sbin_system-image-dbus.32011.crash
>> /*view*/ should be the one :) (only impacting in test mode I guess)
>
> This is similar to what some other folks wanted to do, i.e. run
> `system-image-cli --info` as non-root.  LP: #1301995
>
> Cheers,
> -Barry

Right. I tried fixing that myself some time ago, but the problem was
that system-image-dbus is started by python-dbusmock. I didn't see any
easy way of overriding the system .service files. Starting it manually
won't help as dbusmock will start the root version anyway. Then I got
context-switched and didn't get back to it yet.

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak
 lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx