Re: Landing team 03.04.14

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 7:32 PM, Didier Roche <didrocks@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ** Multiple crashes on images since the scope transition (Saviq/Thomas)
> One of them is known
> (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1256360) and is under
> work.
> -> We still have the same crashers when running the autopilot tests.

Regarding unity8 crashes when running the tests, here's a traced one from today:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1302550 - on the
device retracing it failed (http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/7202927/) but I
was able to continue on host to get that.

The AP results for #276 are a mixed lot with dialer/messaging AP
failures and I couldn't run unity8 AP tests. I was also testing the
new proposed autopilot release at the same time. A log of the results
at: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/7202885/

I should probably do a --bootstrap flash, since I'm not sure if the
"UI too small" problems reported today by Zoltan and me are because of
lacking to do that.

Trying to summarize:

Regarding #276 image: since Lukasz is also getting failures, it's
possible dialer/messaging autopilot failures are real regressions. I
didn't get the failures yesterday on #275, despite - similar to today
- a) not having a SIM card and b) not having the suggested
ophono-phonesim-autostart installed (unless it somehow automagically
was on my #275). But it's also possible the test methodology is just
lacking for those two.

Regarding the proposed autopilot release: I believe that if the unity8
AP passes 100% also with the new autopilot version for Lukasz, it's ok
to be published. As seen at the above log, most test suites passed
fine and the failing suites (dialer/messaging) seem to fail also with
the old autopilot. Lukasz also tested that webbrowser-app passed from
him with the new AP.

-Timo