Core Apps Update 20140404

This week we streamlined the core app upload (to store) and approval
process. Previously we had up to ~8hr wait times between upload (by
one person) and test & approve (by another). Now we grab the click
packages on-demand from jenkins, test and then signal to an uploader
to upload, and the approval happens ~immediately by the person who ran
the tests.

Mid term we (dpm, myself and fginther) are planning for a
fully-automated test on desktop and mobile device before being
automatically uploaded to the store and approved manually. Eventually,
longer term the final manual approval will be replaced with an
automated process too.

As a result we've pushed updates for all the core apps to the store
over the last few days. We'll continue this velocity leading up to
release. Keep an eye out for updates in Update Manager and keep using
the core apps and reporting those bugs!

== Reminders ==

* Leo Arias worked on getting the autopilot infrastructure working in
Reminders, which we have as a pre-requisite to adding AP tests. Once
we have better test coverage we'll update the app in the store.
* Work is also ongoing to complete updated designs for the reminders
app. If you'd like to help implement these designs, do get in contact
with me (popey).
 https://docs.google.com/a/canonical.com/document/d/1EAokX1bXN5HG6B1MxxuYWiGbf3pjNdy7-h7aERBFk5k/edit
* Bug fixes
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1302324 - Copyright header is wrong
in some files
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1302320 - python code doesn't pass
static checks

== Music ==

* Postponed development on the last.fm scrobbling support for now.
* The Music App developers have been hard at work fixing a number of
desktop and mobile usability bugs. In progress:-
  Support for launching the music app with an entire album rather than
(at present) launching with individual tracks
  New default album artwork where no cover art is available
  New less-jarring audio tracks for autopilot testing proposed
* Bug fixes
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1300450 - Autopilot failing on mako
#269 Object not found with name '*' and properties {'objectName':
'playshape'}.

== Calendar ==

* Calendar devs have again been powering through usability, events and
timezone related issues. The team have been helped by other core apps
developers who have been reviewing merge requests, but we can always
do with more help on this complex core app. Get in touch if calendars,
events and timezones are your thing!
* Bug fixes
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1297463 - App should start with
larger window on desktop
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1247191 - On the year tab, the last
year is the one that has the focused property
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1295939 - When viewing an event, a
guest in the list of guests can be selected/unselected for no reason
  https://code.launchpad.net/bugs/1295941 - User can only add one
guest to the Guests input box for a New Event
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1291504 - Tapping on a day in week
view does not do anything
  https://code.launchpad.net/bugs/1301910 - App stalls when moving
between days/weeks

== Clock ==

* The clock app devs have been adding final polish to the app this
week. Our lead clock dev will be taking final exams at the end of this
week, so we wish him well with those, and if any of you have been
holding back clock bugs, now is the time to report them!
* Bug fixes
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1291502 - Cannot see where recorded
laps are saved
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1290492 - Impossible to update translations

== Weather ==

* A couple of minor tweaks to the weather app this week to update the
conditional layout and use the new set of icon names.
  https://code.launchpad.net/~martin-borho/ubuntu-weather-app/refactored-icon-handling/+merge/211214
  https://code.launchpad.net/~martin-borho/ubuntu-weather-app/current-weather-layout-conditional/+merge/209918

== RSS Reader ==

* Additional test added - Thanks Carla & Leo!
  https://code.launchpad.net/~carla-sella/ubuntu-rssreader-app/test-view-mode/+merge/213712
* New confirmation added when removing topics - thanks Joey!
  https://code.launchpad.net/~qqworini/ubuntu-rssreader-app/add-topic-remove-confirm/+merge/213963
* Bug fixes
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1297463 - App should start with
larger window on desktop