Re: Landing process, restoring "trunk" for development

On 04/08/2014 07:30 PM, Alexander Sack wrote:
> On this topic, we will scheduled a CI call later this week where the
> next steps from UDS will be one more time revisited and then planned
> out; jfunk will probably send a summary after the call if you can't
> attend. Reason why this didn't happen sooner was a series of high
> priority items worked on by LT and CI Engineering team.

Thanks for picking this up! :-)

>  1. some teams want to try getting better infrastructure support so
> they can develop on a branch that is not always matching what is in
> the image

Maybe you could run a small survey (among the team leaders only) to have
a better understanding of the actual number? If it turns out that nearly
everyone wants this, it might be simpler to you if there's no way to opt
out, so you avoid having two different configurations.

[...]
>  4. In turn they self-impost a release frequency and will explore
> options how to keep incentives in teams right to drive for early and
> often release mentality.

This makes a lot of sense. However there are some times (and the current
one is one of those) where a wider gap is IMHO legitimate: when the
current development release is in feature freeze and the new development
release hasn't yet opened, I would expect that trunk continues to
progress but no new releases are made.

> Hope this helps. Progress and pilots will be made soon. jfunk or me
> will update you as we go.

Looking forward to that, thanks :-)

Ciao,
  Alberto