Re: Landing team 08.04.14

On 09/04/14 10:49, Sergio Schvezov wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 6:02 AM, Selene Scriven
> <selene.scriven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> * Didier Roche <didrocks@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Summary of the day: ...
>>> #281: ...
>>
>> Image 283 results:
>>
>> Recently fixed:
>>
>>   - (blocker) http://pad.lv/1302801 - All new scopes are ignoring
>>     the privacy setting for Phone only  (temporary fix)
>>
>> New bugs found:
>>
>>   - None
>>
>> Still happening:
>>
>>   - (blocker) http://pad.lv/1292306 - Music/Calendar bug (Qt
>>     event loop stopping when the device is suspend)
>
> Instead of making this an image blocker, can't this be a landing
> blocker for the affected projects itself?
>
> My comment comes from the fact that a promoted image already has this
> issue; personally as a user (my only phone), I find the devel-proposed
> image more usable than the devel one; I am affected by this issue on
> both.
>
> I'm using this project as an example, but can we fine tune on project
> landing blockers and image promotion?

Sergio there is no such thing as a landing blocker.  It was temporarily
whitelisted to get an image promoted and will likely have to go through
the process again.  However there are more blockers that would need to
clear before this can be appraised again.  This is not actually stalling
the images the other 5-8 are.  As we already understand this is a really
low level bug.

However it is definitely an image blocker as it was a regression on the
r250 image it is just it was decided to add a temporary whitelist for it
as the rest of the image was so good.  The images haven't been that good
since.

--
You make it, I'll break it!

I love my job :)