Re: Dialer-app Customization

Hi

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 6:08 PM, Jodie Robinson <
jodiematthewrobinson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I've just been a lurker here, but I'd like to ask if it'd be possible to
> make a number pad show up instead of a full keyboard when responding to
> USSD prompts?
>
> All the responses I've ever had to make after issuing a USSD code have
> been numerical, and Android gives you an entire keyboard of useless
> buttons.(Also the keyboard covers up the send and cancel buttons).

For instance:
> I dial *188# to get my service provider menu. I press 1 and send to check
> my airtime balance.
> Option 2 was to buy a bundle, and so on.
>
> I dial some USSD code for my cellphone banking. I get a menu to which I
> must respond by typing a number, choosing to check my balance or transfer
> money, etc.
>
> Just a suggestion, and hopefully not too out of place in this thread.

Unfortunately that's not possible. Usually the responses are just options
(1, 2, 3, etc), but that's not the rule.
While testing the feature, I was using a USSD service from my carrier that
allows me to use Facebook through SSD, and that includes writing posts,
comments, messages, etc, which are not numeric only.

Cheers

Boiko