Re: Dialer-app Customization

Thanks for the reply.

On 9 April 2014 16:00, Gustavo Boiko <gustavo.boiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Unfortunately that's not possible. Usually the responses are just options
> (1, 2, 3, etc), but that's not the rule.
> While testing the feature, I was using a USSD service from my carrier that
> allows me to use Facebook through SSD, and that includes writing posts,
> comments, messages, etc, which are not numeric only.

I was kind of expecting this. Might it be possible to have a text area
which defaults to the number pad, but the keypad is switchable to a full
keyboard?
Also could this be changed through a preference somewhere in the phone
settings (this does seem a bit hackish if you have to include a setting for
it)?

I haven't looked at any source code for Ubuntu Touch, and maybe I should
look at the keyboard.

On 9 April 2014 09:10, Alfonso Sanchez-Beato <
alfonso.sanchez-beato@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You can respond to a network initiated USSD request with any character
> string. However, it is true that most USSD dialogues require the user to
> send a number selecting an option in a menu. Maybe that can be done is to
> show by default a numeric pad when responding to USSD requests, but letting
> the user switch to the alphanumeric keyboard to make sure we cover all use
> cases.
>
> SIM toolkit is in the telephony blueprint, but no dates yet.

Good to hear. Thanks.

I've hijacked the thread, sorry.

Regards
Jodie