Re: Call for Testing: GPRS/MMS Provisioning Update

On 04/09/2014 01:43 AM, Zsombor Egri wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 10:49 PM, Tony Espy <espy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:espy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    To test this change, you'll need to manually delete the gprs
    settings file created by ofono, as provisioning only occurs once,
    after which the required settings are read from this file.

Have you thought about the case when the user sends an USSD command (or
whatever other ways) to operator to get the GPRS/MMS configurations? Or
when the operator pushes the new settings to the device?

I've thought about it, but neither are currently in the plans for our first version of Touch.

In the case of the USSD command, the received settings should be configurable via the Access Point Names Settings UI ( when it's finished ). If you're proposing that we programatically handle the response, that's something we'd need to consider in the Messaging App. Also, as USSD commands are sometimes operator-specific, that may be tricky.

The second case is something we will work on developing with the advice of our carrier advisory group. We decided not to invest cycles into push provisioning for our first release as there were many more important features ( like automatic provisioning for one ) that needed to be completed in order to make the phone usable.

Regards,
/tony