Landing team 09.04.14

Hey,

News from the day: 2 images since yesterday, a regression blocker fixed and a safety belt (see Alexander's email) in the landing process. Let's see what goodness entered recently in the images!

#282:
- class 0 SMS support
- USSD support
- revert of sdk + unity8 tabbar changes to have gallery-app passing AP tests
- indicator-datetime to fix a failure to build on one arch

#283:
- use upstart in indicators to improve boot time
- allow customizing fonts
- Click 0.4.21: Added manifest methods so that clients can avoid JSON-GLib; handle some crashes more gracefully; run user hooks after dbus to fix the content-hub hook
- fix the "online privacy" switch in the scopes

-> AP tests results showed similar results than in the past. We got the known unity8 (fix pending a release) failure. A new flaky gallery-app test failure appeared twice in a row, but we don't have a way to reproduce it.

Dogfooding did arise some minor new issues like files push through mtp not having worldwide read permissions anymore, but nothing user-facing visible.

* On the blocker list:
** Music/Calendar bug (Qt event loop stopping when the device is suspend) (Kevin)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mir/+bug/1292306
See progress on bug report
-> QA told that they only will make that decision once we won't have not any blocker left on the list.

** Scopes grey out and are unresponsive (Saviq)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1300326
-> It happens on swiping the welcome screen and swiping apps to close them

** Dead area at bottom when scrolling in scopes (Saviq)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1300302
-> Sometimes in the click scope the applications will shrink to 3 1/3 lines instead of 4 and other time it will shrink to 1 this is a user facing issue but is easily fixed by scrolling up.
Seems a fix is up for review since yesterday

** Grooveshark playback has stopped functioning (Jamie)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/webbrowser-app/+bug/1301341
-> Jamie told that Chris is working on it with a double build system.

** When using multiple webapps they crash randomly, if there is only one app remaining, this one starts being replaced when new ones start (David, Kevin)
https://launchpad.net/bugs/1303676
-> it has been retargeted to unity-mir and shared between web rowser-app and unity-mir

** New dialer-app flaky test (Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/dialer-app/+bug/1303681
-> Discussion on the mailing list, Bill requested some help from QA. Seems both side need to work on act. We didn't get it back though, but I doubt it was magically fixed. On the same "failed twice in a row but not after a rerun", we have a gallery-app failure: https://bugs.launchpad.net/gallery-app/+bug/1304950

** New unity8 AP test constantly failing (Saviq)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity8/+bug/1303685
-> The fix will be in next unity8 landing (no release yet though)

* Issues not impacting on the user experience or whitelisted by QA as not a promotion blocker: ** qtubuntu crash causing the dialer app to crash (only during tests) (Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qtubuntu/+bug/1297900
-> Boiko has a branch for it which needs to be released once ready.

** Multiple crashes on images since the scope transition (Kevin)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1256360
The other crashers are not reproducible anymore. However, we still have the systematic unity8 on stop crasher everytime you run the autopilot unity8 test suite. Being worked with a potential fix in mind.
-> QA decided to whitelist that one.
-> The crash fix will be in next Mir landing

* blocker confirmed to be fixed:
** New scopes ignore privacy/security settings (Thomas)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity-scopes-api/+bug/1302801
-> This is fixed

Let's hope to continue seeing blockers vanishing without getting regression!
Didier

Follow ups