Re: Landing team 09.04.14

On 04/09/2014 11:36 AM, Jamie Strandboge wrote:
> On 04/09/2014 11:28 AM, Didier Roche wrote:
>> ** Grooveshark playback has stopped functioning (Jamie)
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/webbrowser-app/+bug/1301341
>> -> Jamie told that Chris is working on it with a double build system.
>>
> Oxide fix is in a ppa and a silo is being negotiated. Once landed, will require
> touch images to install oxideqt-codecs-extra. This should also be added to
> ubuntu-restricted-extras.
>
>> **  When using multiple webapps they crash randomly, if there is only one app
>> remaining, this one starts being replaced when new ones start (David, Kevin)
>> https://launchpad.net/bugs/1303676
>> -> it has been retargeted to unity-mir and shared between web rowser-app and
>> unity-mir
>>
> The oxide portion of this fix is also in the ppa (see above).

FYI, these tested well overall, fixing the grooveshark bug when
oxideqt-codecs-extra was installed and *greatly* helping bug #1303676, though
there still may be a webapp-container/unity8 bug remaining there per David.

However, the oxideqt-codecs package is not working correctly with the youtube
webapp on desktop. This is under investigation. Talking with David Barth, we
believe that because the youtube webapp doesn't work super well on the desktop
atm anyway, we should not block phone promotion on this issue and we should land
the oxide fixes and continue investigating the oxideqt-codecs bug. I'm
discussing the the CI team now.