Re: Landing team 10.04.14

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 6:07 PM, Didier Roche <didrocks@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> 3 new images since yesterday, some new regressions discovered, fixes under
> progress, and some old blockers fixed! Good news on most of in progress
> blockers as well. We're slowly converging to a promotable image!
>
> #284:
> - got support for contact and calendar sync with google accounts
> - new autopilot bug fixes
>
> #285:
> - Fix oxide portion of LP: #1303676 -> but the other side of the bug is
> still opened
> - new sdk to get tab selection timing changes, desktop toolbar and a few bug
> fixes
>
> #286:
> - seed and installation of the package for fixing grooveshark failure (LP:
> #1301341).
> - get the new sync-monitor service backend on the image
> - misc packaging change for better i386 emulator support
>
> Tests results were similar as yesterday. The 2 images got the flaky
> dialer-app test failure that was already mentioned. Dogfooding spotted 2 new
> issues though:
> * one being a regression blocker (appeared with latest sdk):
> https://launchpad.net/bugs/1305834
> * another important one, which though isn't a regression as it was already
> on previous promoted images: https://launchpad.net/bugs/1305838
>

> * On the blocker list:
> ** Music/Calendar bug (Qt event loop stopping when the device is suspend)
> (Kevin)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/mir/+bug/1292306
> -> seems it's ready in Mir devel, but Mir needs to be released now.

kgunn: great news! will we get this as an "isolated" cherry pick
landing? What else is in devel that we may want/not want? Will this
fix change ABI/API?

> ** Scopes grey out and are unresponsive (Saviq)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1300326
> -> The fix was found in qtdeclarative. This is part of a "need QA sign off"
> landing. Both usptream and QA have done a full review and executed the test
> plan. It's now moving through the archive.

Awesome! Good work!

> ** Dead area at bottom when scrolling in scopes (Saviq)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1300302
> -> an unity8 release has just been uploaded with that fix

Nice!

> **  When using multiple webapps they crash randomly, if there is only one
> app remaining, this one starts being replaced when new ones start (David)
> https://launchpad.net/bugs/1303676
> -> the oxide part is fixed. However, there is still some work needed to have
> it fully fixed from an user perspective.

This one seems to be the one creating most headaches right now ...
let's keep going! If anyone needs help on something here, don't
hesitate to ask!

> ** New dialer-app flaky test (Bill)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/dialer-app/+bug/1303681
> -> Martin mentioned that a fix was pending for a month. Need a dialer-app
> release from upstream with that branch
> (https://code.launchpad.net/~xnox/dialer-app/fix-dial-number-crash/+merge/209677).

Bill? Can we get a landing in with this one cherry picked?

> ** New unity8 AP test constantly failing (Saviq)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity8/+bug/1303685
> -> an unity8 release has just been uploaded with that fix
>
> ** New blocker:
> headers appear overlayed on webapps (David)
> https://launchpad.net/bugs/1305834
> A fix has been quickly proposed in webapps to workaround the sdk new
> behavior. The fix is currently migrating to distro. The webapps test plan
> now covers that case to not regress again in the future
> (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Process/Merges/TestPlan/webapp-container?action=diff&rev2=6&rev1=5).
> It needs of course, to be executed as a reverse dependency of any new sdk
> release.

OK, let's hope this goes well.

> * Issues not impacting on the user experience or whitelisted by QA as not a
> promotion blocker:
> ** qtubuntu crash causing the dialer app to crash (only during tests) (Bill)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qtubuntu/+bug/1297900
> -> Boiko has a branch for it which needs to be released once ready.
>
> ** Multiple crashes on images since the scope transition (Kevin)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1256360
> -> The crash fix will be in next Mir landing
>

> * blocker confirmed to be fixed:
> ** Grooveshark playback has stopped functioning (Jamie)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/webbrowser-app/+bug/1301341
> -> This is fixed
>
> Let's continue on that path and get regressions quickly out!

Seems we are heading in the right direction. Nice work everyone; let's
stay focused try to avoid new regressions by all means (without
stopping landings alltogether).

Thanks!