Landing team 11.04.14

Hey,

Excellent news today! The various components landing have enabled to fix 5 promotions blockers! We are 2 promotion blockers (which are both under heavy work) away from being able to get the latest and best ubuntu #Touch image we will never have! Oh, and btw, we are back to 100% of AP tests passing on mako \o/

#287:
* The push notification client went in, however we had to remove it quickly from the seed (will be removed in #289)
* Fix for transparent headers in webapps
* New unity8 (dead areas in dash, predictive text in password entry, integration test error)
* Blocker fix in qtdeclarative for grey/slow rendering in Unity 8.
* New dialer-app to fix flaky AP test
* New gallery click application
* Bug fixes in autopilot
* A lot of misc platform updates

-> Some infrastructure issues prevented us to get crash results on the dashboard. So don't imagine the 0 crasher is that we are crash free! The issue is now fixed and next runs will collect crashers as expected.

However, we detected some weird crash of ubuntu-system-settings during the unity8 AP tests. u-s-s is started when it's not supposed to. Digging further, we found it was the push client (when notifications are clicked) which tried to start it. This wasn't supposed to happen. While upstream is fixing those, we removed the push client from the image (will be in effect in #289).

* On the blocker list:
** Music/Calendar bug (Qt event loop stopping when the device is suspend) (Kevin)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mir/+bug/1292306
-> seems it's ready in Mir devel, but Mir needs to be released now.

** When using multiple webapps they crash randomly, if there is only one app remaining, this one starts being replaced when new ones start (Jamie, David, Thomas)
https://launchpad.net/bugs/1303676
-> the oxide part is fixed. However, there is still some work needed to have it fully fixed from an user perspective. Webapps will have 50% of the fix. We expect to have some cgroup work as well from Ted.

* Issues not impacting on the user experience or whitelisted by QA as not a promotion blocker: ** qtubuntu crash causing the dialer app to crash (only during tests) (Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qtubuntu/+bug/1297900
-> Boiko has a branch for it which needs to be released once ready.

** Multiple crashes on images since the scope transition (Kevin)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1256360
-> The crash fix will be in next Mir landing

* blockers confirmed to be fixed:
** Dead area at bottom when scrolling in scopes (Saviq)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1300302
-> latest unity8 fixed it. Well done!

** Scopes grey out and are unresponsive (Saviq)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1300326
-> latest Qt declarative landing prevent any kind of responsivness issue to show up! Excellent :)

** New unity8 AP test constantly failing (Saviq)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity8/+bug/1303685
-> latest unity8 fixed it. Double great!

** New dialer-app flaky test (Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/dialer-app/+bug/1303681
-> We noticed that a landed was done despite the lack of answer on the mailing list for it. We confirm that the flaky test is now really fixed.

** headers appear overlayed on webapps (David)
https://launchpad.net/bugs/1305834
-> this has been fixed as soon as it appeared. Thanks for the prompt reaction.

Let's hope that we can get very early next week a promotable image, while staying in good shape! Meanwhile, enjoy your week-end everyone.
Didier

Follow ups