Core Apps Update 2014-04-11

Another week closer to 14.04 and we've been pushing hard to get any
outstanding merges landed. We are addressing UI and usability bugs
which have cropped up in dogfooding. As always we welcome feedback,
fixes and favor. The train will keep rolling after 14.04 is out
though, and we will be delivering updates to the core apps via the
click store.

== Reminders ==

* Another fix from Leo to improve failure situations
  https://code.launchpad.net/~elopio/reminders-app/test_go_to_accounts-fail_gracefully/+merge/214319
* Bug fixes
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/reminders-app/+bug/1298057 - adding a
note in reminders app does not let you enter data in it but just adds
an untitled one

== Music ==

* Yet more bugs fixes for the Music App this week. We had a couple of
usability snafus that have been around a while but are now more easily
triggered. Andrew and Victor worked hard on Friday to land a slew of
updates in time for final release this week, with more fixes in the
pipeline.
* Bug fixes
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1300803 - App contains empty url-dispatcher
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1291495 - Implement bottom edge
design for toolbar and Now Playing page using Panel component
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1239106 - Empty tab header obscures
the queue's close button
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1306672 - Music app sees corrupt
cover art more often in recent builds
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1285668 - Need better icon for where
there's no album artwork
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1306821 - Updates in click store
Update Manager are in lower case

== Calendar ==

* Kunal has been working on some code restructuring which landed this week.
  lp:~pkunal-parmar/ubuntu-calendar-app/ViewToPage
  lp:~pkunal-parmar/ubuntu-calendar-app/Restructure
* Bug fixes
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1267813 - Calendar should be
navigable via keyboard & pointing device
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1292076 - Delete confirmation while
deleting event
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1248125 - No marker in month view
that an event is occurring on a day

== Clock ==

* Nekhelesh took time out from exam preparation to land a few nice fixes:-
  https://code.launchpad.net/~nik90/ubuntu-clock-app/fix-window-title/+merge/214399
  https://code.launchpad.net/~nik90/ubuntu-clock-app/added-placeholder/+merge/214401
  https://code.launchpad.net/~nik90/ubuntu-clock-app/fix-qtcreator-device-test/+merge/206690
* Bug fixes
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1299529 - Stopwatch's hour hand
incorrectly moves in 1/60 increments
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1306821 - Updates in click store
Update Manager are in lower case

== Weather ==

* With Spring finally sprung (for those northern hemisphere dwellers)
we're focussed on fixing final fiends in weather app. We welcome wider
workouts of weather app though!
* Bug fixes
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1306821 - Updates in click store
Update Manager are in lower case

== Terminal ==

* Just one bug fix. We have some outstanding bugs in Terminal though,
and would appreciate help if you can!
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1306821 - Updates in click store
Update Manager are in lower case

== RSS Reader ==

* Breaking News, Shorts (a.k.a. RSS Reader) is the best way to
aggregate the news on Ubuntu for phones. We're interested in cases
where the app doesn't suit, let us know if you find fixable feeds
which don't render correctly.
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1306821 - Updates in click store
Update Manager are in lower case

== File Manager ==

* File Manager is probably one of the least-appreciated apps on Ubuntu
for phones. Show your love by running it, managing your files, and let
us know when you find bugs!
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1306821 - Updates in click store
Update Manager are in lower case

== Sudoku App ==

* Dinko spent some time refactoring code in Sudoku this week.
  lp:~dinko-metalac/sudoku-app/some-fixes
* Deja Vu Bug fix

--
Alan Pope