Re: Scopes for ubuntu touch, part feedback

On 04/14/2014 09:14 PM, sampth kumar krishnan wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've got a couple of questions regarding the new scopes that have landed
> in ubuntu touch
>
> 1. In the previous version of scopes, searching for any music from the
> music scope gave me       results from soundcloud and grooveshark which
> was fine, the search results were generally       hit and miss but at
> the endof the day, i did get my music online.
> However, in the new scopes, there is a scope for online music which is
> supposed to search for online music. However, whatever i search, i get
> results only from ubuntu one. The soundcloud music service seems to have
> disappeared for no apparent reason. Is it going to be reintroduced?

Yes, we're working on that, see
https://plus.google.com/+JamesHenstridge/posts/2uiZRiYZiFj. The new
scope will utilize account services to offer the user the possibility to
log in to soundcloud (this is optional). With that it'll be able to
retrieve more personalized content, like favourites or playlists.

> 2. In case of the "scopes" scope, what content is searchable right now?
> and which are the new scopes that will be added in the near future?

New scopes scope is not really comparable to old home scope or smart
scope search. We do not any longer search in any scopes automatically,
but rather return a list of scopes that a user might find useful to
query for a given term. The only exception is weather information and
wikipedia results.

We are in the process of nailing down a list of scopes we'll be adding
over the next weeks and months, so in a week from now I can provide more
accurate information.

Thomas