Re: Scopes for ubuntu touch, part feedback

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 11:12 AM, Roberto Alsina <
roberto.alsina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 4:14 PM, sampth kumar krishnan <
> tskrishnan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
> [snip]
>
>> 2. In case of the "scopes" scope, what content is searchable right now?
>> and which are the new scopes that will be added in the near future?
>>

> Currently it will suggest you search in one or more of the following
> scopes, depending on what you searched for:
>
> Amazon
> eBay
> grooveshark
> online music
> openlibrary
> reddit
> remotevideos (includes youtube, vimeo, others)
> Wheater Channel
> Wikipedia
>
> Other remote scopes will be added as time permits and demand requires.

Reading my own email, maybe that was not the best way to explain it ;-)

So, what happens is:

You search for something, let's say "jazz".

The scope will use wikipedia to identify what kind of thing you are
searching for. In the case of "jazz" that's a music genre, so it will then
decide, based on that, that you probably want music-related things, like:

* Jazz music to listen
* Jazz music videos to watch
* Jazz albums to purchase

To satisfy the first concept, it will suggest you search in the "online
music" scope.
To satisfy the second, it will suggest you search the "remote videos" scope
For the third, it may suggest amazon's music department, and/or eBay's.

Those suggestions will be presented as results, which you can use to then
re-do the search in each scope, and get actual results.

Suppose, on the other hand, that we can't decide whether you meant Jazz
(the music genre) or Jazz (The Utah NBA team).
In that case, you will get "Did you mean this?" and "Did you mean that?"
results which will redo the search in the scopes scope.

Hopefully I am clearer this time :-)