Re: Landing team 15.04.14

> * Important bugs to fix before trusty release:
> ** Music/Calendar bug (Qt event loop stopping when the device is suspend)
> (Kevin)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/mir/+bug/1292306
> -> It wasn't released with latest Mir. Another Mir landing with the fix is
> under testing and progress (in a silo).

A little more information on this, we were able to get some packages tested
earlier today. Good news is the experience resulted in corrected behaviors
of volume buttons operation & music advance when the screen was off.
However, through some analysis we witnessed that applications were still
experiencing some blocking (bad/unexpected) while the shell wasn't
(good/expected). So we've just now completed some additional updates to
address, we should be rekicking a build soon. Again, when we reach the
point of having something we'd like to punish for qualities sake, we'll
send out a call.

> ** Greeter won't unlock when app raised by url dispatcher is already
> focused (Kevin)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1307489, which is
> as well https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dialer-app/+bug/1267624
> -> The main use case is clicking on a sms notification while having the
> screen locked, and you will get the keyboard shown, but still locked on the
> greeter. Same when answering a call with a locked screen.
> A fix is in a silo and under QA validation. Let's hope to get it for next
> image!
>
> Tested by engineering and QA team.
& +1'd from QA team about an hour ago.

> We discussed performance today and added (regression from new scopes):
> ** New scopes performance needs to be improved (Kevin for unity8 and
> Thomas for unity-scopes-shell)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1297197
> This explains most of the chopiness and some temporary lagginess we have
> seen in the Unity 8 UI past weeks with the new scopes (frames skipped while
> scrolling scopes and when switching between scopes).
> -> A branch is proposed and under review iterations for unity8. Thomas'
> team is going to look at the scope-shell side of it.

As stated, under investigation. Most specifically as Thomas mentioned
potentially tuning trigger for full reinit/redraws (e.g. may not be needed
on a swipe to switch scopes)