Re: Internationalizing app metadata

On 16.04.2014 04:23, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> Does Unity8 support those? Or will it in the future? If long-press on
> the launcher is going to open the preview, then the quick list actions
> aren't very quick. And I'm not sure we should be bother to parse all
> those out and add custom actions to the launcher.

It does not support them _yet_, but the plan is that it will, and if you
have a mouse - it'll be under your right-click as usual.

> There's also other potential issues with confinement of apps and such, I
> think. Do we have plans to deal with all those issues to continue
> supporting quick lists in the converged Unity8 experience? Or is it
> going to be a necessary loss in order to further the convergence story?

Yes, the plan is to implement them as we have them in current unity, I
don't see any immediate confinement issues, though.

--
Michał (Saviq) Sawicz <michal.sawicz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Canonical Services Ltd.