Re: Landing team 16.04.14

> ** New scopes performance needs to be improved (Kevin for unity8 and
> Thomas for unity-scopes-shell)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1297197
> This explains most of the chopiness and some temporary lagginess we have
> seen in the Unity 8 UI past weeks with the new scopes (frames skipped
> while scrolling scopes and when switching between scopes).
> -> First attempt to fix some of the jankiness is in the incoming unity8
> which is going to land in #301.
> Thomas' team is going to look at the scope-shell side of it.

We're preparing a branch that should improve the situation on the
shell/scope side a bit (together with Saviq's changes, there should be a
noticeable difference, though). However, as this is a larger change
we'll only land this after thorough testing after Easter.

In parallel we're further investigating other possible bottlenecks and
optimizations

Thomas