Re: Internationalizing scopes

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 9:22 PM, Rodney Dawes
<rodney.dawes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The main issue with the current debs system is that we are shipping a
> lot of translations we don't actually need to be on the system, because
> our language pack debs are built from the requirements of the full
> Ubuntu ISO, and not the phone image. So we are already hitting a
> conflict of interest between the two.

So on my system, I currently have the following language pack .debs installed:

language-pack-en
language-pack-en-base
language-pack-gnome-en
language-pack-gnome-en-base

And there is a language-pack-kde-en package I could install for
additional KDE specific localisation.  So there already seems to have
been an attempt to provide more focused localisation.

If we wanted to use language packs on the Ubuntu Touch image, it
doesn't seem out of the question to provide language packs that cover
only the touch image, which should minimise the storage impact.

James.