Ubuntu Touch based on 14.04 promoted to stable channel (Landing team 15.04.14)

Hey,

A special edition today of the landing team email with the copy of the release note as we promote and move #302 to the stable channel today (marked as #11). We got some unexpected firedrills until the very end, but where would be the fun without this? ;)

For completeness and what we saw in the last couple of images we kicked in today:
#301:
- multiple unity8 bug fixes (some scope optimization, carousel interaction with last image, preview widgets, new default background)
- several bug fixes for the touch settings and their tests
- sync monitor bug fixes for performance

#302:
- cherry-picks of webapps/oxide fixes to be able to open external links (important bugs from yesterday) - some application crashing which had the consequence to crash unity8 as well.

AP test results showed the same flaky results as we are used to (had to relaunch some) and a very serious and systematic dogfooding was done by a lot of Touch team member in parallel. Unfortunately, Murphy's law being Murphy, the whole CI lab device connection went down half-way during the tests. We did run manually all AP remaining + the flaky AP tests on the dashboard to ensure we don't regress and almost everything is fortunately passing (after some rerun sometimes and we get some random crashes in qmlscene while dealing with alarms in clock app unrelated to latest images, so we release note them)! Consequently, all lights are green and we were ready to copy #302 to the stable channel. People on officially supported device running that stable channel will upgrade from a saucy-based Touch image to a trusty-based one.

Very well done everyone! Even if this is not the end of the story and people will continue to see growing features and changes on Touch, it's nice to have promoted a new image on the stable channel. Expect more to be promoted on that channel as well soon (and even with new features and performance improvements). Thanks to all of you who works tirelessly and is contributing in any manner on Ubuntu Touch. Let's continue rocking and deliver new goodness! Good easter holidays for most of you to get some really deserved rest. Next landing email will be on Tuesday :)

Announce from https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TrustyTahr/ReleaseNotes#Ubuntu_Touch:
As part of the wider Ubuntu 14.04 release efforts the Ubuntu Touch team is proud to make the latest and greatest touch experience available to our enthusiast users and developers. While this Ubuntu Touch release is still not a supported release, we feel it is important to hand out a relatively "stable" build for wider testing and feedback while we are continuing with high velocity towards our going-to-market milestone late this summer. Also, while not product quality yet, this image is a big step forward feature-wise compared to our initial release done in October 2013, so we hope you will enjoy using this on your phone and tablet.

Cheers,
Didier