Re: Internationalizing scopes

Rodney Dawes [2014-04-17 11:41 -0400]:
> And while it will help reduce the size to do that cleanup, it doesn't
> fix the issue of how to upgrade them independently of the image itself,

Why would we need to do that? We do image upgrades by far more often
than we upgrade our langpacks, so it's not a problem at all to just
fold the translation updates into the regular image updates.

> or how to enable translations for other languages not on the image.

Yes, that's hard to do as long as we have translations in .debs and
system images aren't able to deal with those. But OTOH when we don't
ship translations in langpacks but in the apps themselves, we don't
have the option at all to enable/disable languages individually
because we'd always ship with all of them.

Martin