System Apps - Status April 22, 2014

*

14.04 was released last week and we are happy to report that we landed
many of the big features that we had targeted for this release*!* Kudos
to the entire team for working tirelessly to get this done. The
following landed since the last status update was sent out:

Telephony:

  *

    Conference Calling: fully supported in the dialer app. Multiple
    calls can now be merged into a single conference, with the ability
    to add/drop calls in real time.

  *

    USSD Support: ability to interact with carrier specific shortcuts
    and menus (i.e. *646# for minutes used on AT+T)

  *

    Class 0 SMS support

  *

    many high priority bugs fixed in dialer and messaging apps

Sync:

  *

    Contact syncing with Google accounts

  *

    Calendar syncing with Google accounts

Browser:

  *

    WebBrowser with oxide backend

  *

    File Upload support in browser via Content-Hub

Gallery App:

  *

    multiple high priority bug fixes that improve desktop usage (and
    device as well)

    Work in progress:

The team is focused on these areas over the next weeks:

Touch Apps on Desktop:

  *

    fix outstanding high priority desktop related issues for the touch
    apps (gallery, camera, mediaplayer and browser)

Sync:

  *

    improve performance of calendar sync

  *

    fix high priority bugs in sync-monitor, address-book and calendar apps

Browser

  *

    complete missing feature parity items that remain from QtWebKit
    based browser (geolocation, thumbnails, etc)

  *

    fix high priority issues that affect webapps on the desktop
    (keyboard shortcuts, copy/paste, etc)

  *

    Download support via integration with Download Manager and Content-Hub

OSK:

  *

    improve predictive text such that it becomes good enough to turn on
    by default

  *

    fix performance of spell checking

  *

    enable haptic feedback

  *

    fix other high priority bugs

Telephony:

  *

    implement emergency calling

  *

    MMS support in messaging-app

  *

    Work on app redesign

  *

    Work on dual-sim

Address Book

  *

    phone number auto-formatting

  *

    implement search

  *

    integrate fast scroll list from SDK (when available)

  *

    high priority bug fixes

  * Work on app redesign

*