Re: When will bluetooth BOSE mini-link speakers work with Ubuntu Touch?

On Wednesday 30 April 2014 14:46:36 Luke Yelavich wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 01:26:50PM EST, David Marceau wrote:
> > On 04/29/2014 10:53 PM, Benjamin Tegge wrote:
> > > Hello David,
> > >
> > > Have you tried? A few months ago I was able to connect my Bluetooth
> > > headset
> > > and it worked just fine.
> >
> > I don't know anything about your bluetooth headsets, but
> > the Bose Mini-Link speakers are best in the bluetooth speaker market.
> > The Bose Mini-Link speakers don't connect to the r303 devel-proposed
> > Ubuntu Touch.  I have been testing this for the past couple of months
> > and still the same result: bluetooth doesn't even list the Bose
> > Mini-Link speakers so I can't even connect to them.
> > The speakers work impeccably from android 4.4 for both my wife's s4 and
> > my nexus 4.
>
> Do the speakers pair and work properly from an Ubuntu desktop install?
>
> Luke

I just tried my Bluetooth Headset (Nokia BH-905i) with Ubuntu on the phone and
while it pairs and connects fine, no audio is routed to it.

The Headset works fine (including HFP, A2DP and AVRCP) with Ubuntu on the
Desktop. Not sure if I had to instruct pulseaudio manually to make use of it
when I first set it up (it's been a while).

Br,
Michael