Re: Emulator image does not work on 14.04?

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 12:46 AM, Michał Sawicz
<michal.sawicz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> On 30.04.2014 22:34, ajalkane wrote:
> > I used "adb shell".
> >
> > I tried as root and as "phablet" user. Did a "su phablet" from the root
> > prompt to get to phablet user.
>
> Right, that's wrong - use "su - phablet" or better "sudo -u phablet -i".
> "su" alone doesn't set all the environment properly, and it was trying
> to look for a system-wide unity8 job, where there isn't one.

Thanks,

with that it worked. But still, the Apps tab does not show anything. I see
inside Scopes content. Also I tried in Search entering "File" in hope of
finding FileManager - but no results.

Here's the commands I entered:

root@ubuntu-phablet:~# sudo -u phablet -i
phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ restart scope-registry
scope-registry start/running, process 30105
phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ restart unity8
unity8 start/running, process 30315

The UI seemed to restart, giving me lockscreen after a while. But the
problem with unavailable apps persists.