Re: Customized Upstart Jobs/Overrides

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 10:08:27PM -0400, Chris Wayne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One of the customizations we've identified as necessary is support for
> upstart jobs or overrides shipped in the custom tarball.  Currently, we
> ship some upstart jobs in the ubuntu-touch-customization-hooks package, but
> those should be separate from the rootfs.  What would be the best way to
> accomplish this?  The requirement as always is that the jobs would have to
> live in /custom.

Unless I'm mistaken, Upstart looks in $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS/upstart for user
session job configuration (and override) files. If you're not already,
you could prepend /custom to this list and then dropping overrides into
/custom/upstart should work.

I don't think this applies to system jobs though, and I'm not sure what
the answer would be there, if you need that.

Iain Lane                                  [ iain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ]
Debian Developer                                   [ laney@xxxxxxxxxx ]
Ubuntu Developer                                   [ laney@xxxxxxxxxx ]