Re: Building for HTC Desire HD (ace)

Hi,

Am 01.05.2014 15:48, schrieb Adam Pigg:
> 1) the file is only 27mb, i must be missing something??

That sounds about right, I have ~30MB for the Desire Z. Remember it only
contains hardware abstraction layer components, no dalvik etc.

> 2) the /boot on the ace i 4mb.  The boot.img is 5.1mb.  Is there any way
> to shrink the boot.img?  Re-partitioning the ace isnt straight forward,
> i cant find anyone who has done it before.

Same issue with Desire Z. I managed to shrink the kernel size
considerably by changing kernel compression to XZ and disabling a lot of
kernel features. Now I don't have IPv6 (I might have disabled bluetooth
as well?) and a bunch of other stuff, but at least it can boot.

The "kernel" file in out/target/product/vision is now only 1.9MB, but
that still was not enough. I also had to remove libcrypto.so from the
initrd because it's really huge. That breaks adbd, so I removed that as
well.

In order to do early boot debugging, I remember had to use adbd once. I
think I disabled printk support in the kernel in order to make it even
smaller than 1.9MB so libcrypto would fit into /boot. Or maybe I
disabled some safety checks in boot.img creation that require some free
space left, or maybe both.. I don't remember.

See this file to remove adbd and libcrypto.so: [It also changes the
touch boot script to use the correct partitions, you probably don't want
that part.]
https://github.com/w-flo/android_device_htc_vision/blob/ubuntu-system-image/shbootimg.mk

Regards,
Florian