Landing team 02.05.14

Hey,

Another day, another email from the landing team! Some progress on the image promotion blockers which came recently and more to come!
Image #8 was built containing:
* new usensord
* gsettings-qt and unity-scopes-shell bug fixes
* gallery-app bug fixes
* new cgmanager and click apparmor

AP tests results were similar than in previous images: known flaky tests, mediaplayer having a lot of new failure (linked to content-hub landing and a missing shipped test file), and the unity8 crash on stop. Dogfooding didn't get anything especially new (see Selene's email on this mailing list).

Note that the spreadsheet is having some hard time. I decided to lock it down until it's getting into a better shape without any editing. I disabled as well all status syncing back (it's reverting to 2 days ago). I added for the landing team a manual way of assigning and reconfiguring silos as a stop-gap measure. The backend results are represented in http://people.canonical.com/~rbpark/citrain/ and you can use those to get the links to the backend and trigger your builds as usual. Just us for requesting an assignment to #ubuntu-ci-eng IRC channel and pastebin any assignement/reconfiguration we can do.

Let's sum up some of the old (and new) image promotions blockers, as there are some good news: ** Music/Calendar bug (Qt event loop stopping when the device is suspend) (Kevin)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mir/+bug/1292306
-> This one is confirmed to be fixed. Good riddance. Well done team. \o/

** New scopes performance needs to be improved (Kevin for unity8 and Thomas for unity-scopes-shell)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1297197

** Networking problems related to double-default-routes (Mathieu)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/1307981
-> Mathieu is more than aware and working on it.

** Clock app crashes when trying to access a saved alarm (Thomas S.)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-clock-app/+bug/1309057
-> A fix is in qt5organizer-eds is landing as we speak. Should be in next image. Let's cross fingers the issues were related!

** Unity8 crashing on stop for every tests (Kevin)
The issue is in unity-mir. greyback is on it.

** Mediaplayer tests almost all failing (Jim)
-> This was due to a missing test file. A fix is now released, should be in next image!

* Currently heavily-affecting autopilot test failures:
(These can become blockers if not fixed soon!)

** Gallery-app flaky tests (Bill)
-> A fix is available by Chris, need to be released
https://code.launchpad.net/~chris.gagnon/gallery-app/autopilot-fix-flakyness-and-make-work-on-desktop/+merge/217766

** https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-rssreader-app/+bug/1314531

** https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-clock-app/+bug/1314533

** https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dialer-app/+bug/1307588

* Issues not impacting on the user experience:

** qtubuntu crash causing the dialer app to crash (only during tests) (Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qtubuntu/+bug/1297900

** Clock flaky test (Julien, Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-clock-app/+bug/1307458

** Autopilot test flakyness in test_add_photo (Julien, Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gallery-app/+bug/1304950

Have a good week-end everyone!
Didier

Follow ups