Re: Customized Upstart Jobs/Overrides

hi,
Am Montag, den 05.05.2014, 19:08 -0400 schrieb Stephen M. Webb:
> On 05/05/2014 06:23 PM, Chris Wayne wrote:
> > Do we plan on using Android properties for the forseeable future?  If so, we can make more use of custom.prop (and
> > having services disabled based on these android properties, like custom.services.mediscanner.enabled = false)
> >
> > On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 7:47 AM, Oliver Grawert <ogra@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ogra@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
> >     Am Freitag, den 02.05.2014, 08:38 -0700 schrieb Alex Chiang:
> >
> >     > - mtp-server
> >
> >     this one is solely handled by the "persist.sys.usb.config" android
> >     property, no need to reinvent the wheel by adding upstart override files
> >     here, you just need to make sure that mtp is not set in this
> >     property ... (we currently force it on during develpment but this
> >     default is planned to be dropped before anything goes to market)
>
> How well supported are Android properties on non-Android systems like the Ubuntu desktop?

not at all ... but that does not matter much since we currently use them
only for bits where an android container is involved (mtp will not
currently work without an mtp kernel device for example (despite the
fact that mtp on a desktop is pretty useless). in most cases the desktop
should be fine with dconf and we should use it where possible. mtp is a
very special case, the userspace daemon needs to be enabled/torn down
together with the system device which is why we made it listen to the
property managing this part, for the mentioned "per user" handling
sergio brought up we would additionally need a userspace/session based
switch to handle it per user

ciao
	oli