Re: Landing Team 01.05.14

On Fri, 2014-05-02 at 15:09 +0100, Sam Bull wrote:
> On ven, 2014-05-02 at 12:38 +0100, Dave Morley wrote:
> > >   - http://pad.lv/1288332 - can't disable auto-rotate or make it
> > >     less sensitive
> >
> > Feature request rather than a bug but confirmed none the less
>
> Less sensitive should be considered a bug, and not a feature request.
> The sensitivity is such that a minor tap on the side of the phone causes
> it to change orientation to landscape and back. This is so bad, that in
> some car journeys it's flicking to landscape and back frequently just
> from the jostling of the car.
>
> There needs to be some better handling there, like maybe a 0.25 second
> delay before it considers the orientation to have changed. Or, just some
> way to recognise and ignore taps and jostles which haven't actually
> changed the orientation of the phone.

The reason I say feature request rather than bug fix is there is no
setting to change sensitivity and there is no lock function currently so
both of these features would need adding.  Yes it is a bug that it is
sensitive but the bug is asking for features to be added that don't
--
You Make It, I'll Break It!

I Love My Job :)

http://www.canonical.com