Re: Landing team 06.05.14

On Tue, 2014-05-06 at 18:20 +0200, Didier Roche wrote:
> Hey!
>
> Two images today and one promotion today! How awesome can it be to
> promote image #13! People who are on the devel channel will start
> enjoying alarm and music playing even with the screen is off! We also
> discovered by some empiric measures that thanks to this Mir fix, the
> idling battery life greatly (really really hugely!) improved.
>
> So, what came into those images?
> #12:
> - webapps AP tests fixes (and indeed, we have the tests not failing
> anymore with latest sdk!)
> - a sync button is now added to the sync monitor toolbar
>
> #13:
> - Unity8 and notifications changes: enable zooming in images. Make
> snap decisions modal, enabling settings launcher counters, drop
> compatibility with Qt < 5.2.1 cleanup, change progress widget in
> previews to match design
> - Allow custom override of the Touch lightdm config
> - various webbrowser-app fixes
>
> Automated test results were seeing the usual flaky tests and unity8 on
> stop crash. Filemanager was red (it has been renamed without any
> coordination, so the tests were not run) had to be fixed on the
> infrastructure side. However, there is still a flaky failure to look
> at there.
> The dogfooding didn't spot anything blocking this image, hence the
> promotion decision!
>
> However, Dave found an important bug which isn't a regression from
> image #2 (the notification was inactive before), but the Qt fix
> created another annoying corner case. He will post on this ML with
> more details later on.

The issue I came across is here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dialer-app/+bug/1316662

This isn't a blocker on the promotion of 13 as it is an improvement over
image 2.  It will be whitelisted for the next promotion candidate that
contains the network manager fix.  However after that it will be a
blocker.  The issue is that the call the call back button hides the
incall dialogue in the dialer app, this means that the call can not be
ended, the call can not be merged, switched etc etc.  The work around is
to close the dialer app and then reopen it and it opens to the in call
dialopgu

--
You Make It, I'll Break It!

I Love My Job :)