Re: Internationalizing app metadata

On 15 April 2014 20:40, David Planella <david.planella@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2) Mapping: there are several different places where app metadata is
> defined, and we'd need to make sure they are aligned. I've created a table
> with those places and their mappings as of today. For the sake of completion
> I've also included scopes metadata, as they are going to be shipped as click
> packages in the future too:
>
>     https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/AppMetadataTranslations
>
> Please click, scopes and store folks let me know if these are correct.

Sorry for the late response, I'm back from holiday now and just about
catching up.  I just want to clarify what "Software Store" means in
this document - is it:

 - apps.ubuntu.com, the browser-based online apps directory?
 - search.apps.ubuntu.com, the Click Package Index that the apps scope queries?
 - myapps.developer.ubuntu.com (DevPortal, I think), where packages
are uploaded, and which also hosts a couple of APIs?
 - software-center.ubuntu.com (Software Centre Agent, or SCA, I
think), which hosts at least one API that Click Package Index consumes
from?
 - Some combination of the above?

I ask because each of these services has the metadata and, more
importantly, the translations available in different ways.

JT