Re: Internationalizing app metadata

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 2:49 PM, James Tait <james.tait@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 15 April 2014 20:40, David Planella <david.planella@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > 2) Mapping: there are several different places where app metadata is
> > defined, and we'd need to make sure they are aligned. I've created a
> table
> > with those places and their mappings as of today. For the sake of
> completion
> > I've also included scopes metadata, as they are going to be shipped as
> click
> > packages in the future too:
> >
> >     https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/AppMetadataTranslations
> >
> > Please click, scopes and store folks let me know if these are correct.
>
> Sorry for the late response, I'm back from holiday now and just about
> catching up.  I just want to clarify what "Software Store" means in
> this document - is it:
>
>  - apps.ubuntu.com, the browser-based online apps directory?

Probably not this, as it's desktop-based (.deb) at the moment

>  - search.apps.ubuntu.com, the Click Package Index that the apps scope
> queries?

 - myapps.developer.ubuntu.com (DevPortal, I think), where packages
> are uploaded, and which also hosts a couple of APIs?
>  - software-center.ubuntu.com (Software Centre Agent, or SCA, I
> think), which hosts at least one API that Click Package Index consumes
> from?
>  - Some combination of the above?
>
> I ask because each of these services has the metadata and, more
> importantly, the translations available in different ways.

I've got no knowledge of what's going on behind the scenes, so I'd welcome
any corrections to the wiki page from the experts - it might well be a
combination of the above?. FWIW, when I asked you guys where to file a bug
about this, it was SCA [1].

Cheers,
David

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/software-center-agent/+bug/1302045