Landing team 09.05.14

Hi!

So today we had 2 images built: #18 and #19, of which #19 has been
promoted o/

What interesting things can be seen in #19?
- A new unity8 has been released, currently dropping support for HUD
from the bottom edge
- Fixed friends-app (a missing landing finally hit the image)
- Misc fixes from mediascanner2, test improvements for u-d-m and others

Image #19 wasn't perfect in the sense of smoketesting results. There
were some additional test failures in comparison to #18 in
ubuntu_weather_app, sudoku_app and camera_app test suites, but these
seemed to be singular failures caused by some general test flakyness
(passing on re-runs). We'll keep an eye out for more of those failures.
If those happen again, we'll fill in bugs and add them to the lists
below. Crash-wise all seems to be in order - nothing out of the usual,
only things visible during smoketesting.

Thank you for all your hard work guys, let's keep on rocking ;)
Have a nice weekend!

In the meantime, the usual list to keep an eye on.

* Known issues:
** New scopes performance needs to be improved (Kevin for unity8 and
Thomas for unity-scopes-shell)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1297197
-> A fix is approved, waiting for release:
https://code.launchpad.net/~aacid/unity8/dynamic_specialized_cards/+merge/218089

** Dialer app not letting ending a call when returning a missed one (Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dialer-app/+bug/1316662

* Issues not impacting user experience:
** qtubuntu crash causing the dialer app to crash (only during tests) (Bill)
The idea is to first land:
https://code.launchpad.net/~gerboland/unity-mir/fix-upstart-closed-apps2
Then, landing;
https://code.launchpad.net/~boiko/dialer-app/autopilot_upstart <- this
is still under progress
 -> Still waiting for this to move forward o/

** Clock flaky test (Julien, Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-clock-app/+bug/1307458
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-clock-app/+bug/1314533
 -> The problem has been identified to be most probably in EDS, we're
opting for looking into the problem in more details instead of quickly
working-around it. Being worked, so good o/

** File manager flaky test (Julien)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-filemanager-app/+bug/1316677
 -> Most probably fixed in trunk, new filemanager release should arrive soon

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak
 lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx