Re: Unity API status update wk 19

On 09.05.2014 18:31, Chris Wayne wrote:

Does that mean album art can come from id3 tags now, rather than from
the lastfm grilo plugin?

It means that the album art comes from libthumbnailer lastfm plugin rather than grilo. The plan has been to enable id3 tag extraction code (which is in thumbnailer but disabled) once the media hub transition has finished and we can be sure that no-one is using GStreamer 0.10 any more. The reason for this is that if anyone links against both GStreamer 1.0 and 0.10 at the same time, they both break due to symbol clashes.

Enablement has not been done yet because gstreamer0.10 is still on the device and rdepends lists quite a few packages for it, including some from Qt5. Once someone tells me that GStreamer 0.10 has been officially removed, enabling id3 tag album art should happen within a day or so.