Re: X86 Ubuntu Touch Emulator

Awesome!

You can expect the QtCreator to support it in the coming days.

cheers,

Zoltan

On 05/12/2014 09:12 PM, Ricardo Salveti de Araujo wrote:
Hey,

During this weekend every package got approved, so I went ahead and
updated the seeds, and as a result we finally published our first
working image for the x86 emulator!

Setting up the needed tools:
Ubuntu < Utopic:
$ sudo apt-add-repository ppa:phablet-team/tools
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install ubuntu-emulator ubuntu-emulator-runtime

Utopic:
$ sudo apt-get install ubuntu-emulator ubuntu-emulator-runtime

Creating the emulator image:
$ sudo ubuntu-emulator create --channel=ubuntu-touch/utopic-proposed
--arch=i386 test_x86

Running the emulator:
$ ubuntu-emulator run test_x86

Remember you can run it with --memory=<n> if you want more than 512MB of ram.

Not every app is available for x86 still, as the owner might just have
uploaded the armhf click package for desired app. We should be
uploading camera and gallery soon, so it can contain the same set of
base apps at least.

Known issues:
* Empty apps scopes on the emulator:
   - https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity8/+bug/1308210
   - Also happening with the armhf emulator
   - It happens with x86 as a side effect of bug
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-goldfish/+bug/1318070,
which causes libpgm to run a small benchmark the first time it's
called.
* Memory leak when running Unity8 on the emulator:
   - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1294373

As this is quite new, bugs as expected, so please open them against
the android package:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/android/

Enjoy!