Re: Landing team 14.05.14

hi,
Am Donnerstag, den 15.05.2014, 01:07 -0600 schrieb Selene Scriven:
> * Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak <lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > So! We promoted image #28 today!
>
> But 29 and 30 have some issues.
>
> The big one is that the network indicator is gone.  It can still
> function, but it's not in the indicator area.
this is indeed a pretty bad blocker ...

> > - Multithreaded word-prediction and tweaked haptic feedback for
> > the OSK
>
> The reduced vibration is nice, but still too high.  Can we make
> the level user-configurable?
... or at least make it consistent ...  my change to the UITK which
adjusts the intensity for all non OSK buttons did not land yet, it is a
lot less intense than what the keyboard ships now ... probably it would
be good to use the same values across the board:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-sdk-team/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/staging/revision/1045

> > - New Ubuntu UI Toolkit with improvements and fixes
>
> It looks like the misaligned cursors are mostly fixed...  but the
> left cursor is still somewhat off:
>
> http://toykeeper.net/tmp/left-cursor-still-misaligned.png
what about the general vertical misalignment of text in input fields
this causes ? imho it looks pretty awful (complaining on a very high
level here indeed)

> > - All necessary elements for 'flight mode' (no UI for that though)
>
> Ah, this must be why the network indicator is gone.  It's ready
> to fly!  (snerk)
well, the flight mode landed in #28, but there were unrelated
indicator-network changes that landed afterwards , i assume they are at
fault ...

> Seriously though, I'm glad the bits are coming together for
> airplane mode.  Not quite in time for my next flight, but close.
you can use the terminal already to use it
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Process/Merges/TestPlans/urfkill
all we are missing is a knob in the indicator now :)

ciao
	oli